Lesson Plan Title: Pattern-Art Cubes
Materials: Pre-printed cube template, colored pencils or markers or crayons, pencil, ruler
Vocabulary: “2d to 3d”, line, shape, form, color, pattern
- Create three-dimensional paper sculptures from flat, two-dimensional paper.
- Utilize line/color to create organic and geometric patterns on a surface.
- Learn about color schemes by having the students each select a color scheme (even black and white).
- Show students examples of different types of line and pattern (or create a teacher’s example) so students can create their own creative patterns
- Discuss color wheel and color schemes and have each student decide their own scheme while they are drawing their design
- Once template is filled in and colored, cut template out with superb craftsmanship!
- Pre-fold on all lines with superb craftsmanship!
- Glue piece together (tabs go on inside)
- Cube Template- http://hotandthinkertools.wikispaces.com/Story+Cube
- Download this lesson plan: Pattern Art CubesPDF