Lesson Plan Title: Clay Face Sculpting
By Katie Temple
Materials: Clay, squirt-bottle of water, hands
Vocabulary: proportions, balance, symmetry, form, texture
- Students learn facial proportions and how that relates to a three-dimensional form.
- Use hand-building techniques to explore the steps to construct a 3D self-portrait.
- Pass out softball size chunk of clay to each student
- View Basic Sculpting Tutorial Video-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_b0ox7RgXw
- Once workshop is complete, have students place into ball and hand clay back to instructor.
Reflection: As students are creating features, have them discuss what techniques they are using. For example, a student has an expressionistic hair-do on their face, have the student discuss how they created it.
One of the best ways to learn how to 3D sculpt is to watch YouTube videos