Lesson Plan Title: Geodesic Dome & Sphere
Materials: straight straws, pipe cleaners, scissors, ruler
Vocabulary: structure, dome, rhythm, unity, balance Buckminseter Fuller
- Students will be educated on architect designer Buckminseter Fuller.
- Students learn how to use mathematics and engineering design.
- Students will learn about teamwork and problem solving.
- Follow directions here- http://babbledabbledo.com/stem-kids-straw-geodesic-dome/
Reflection: What was the hardest part about creating the dome? What would you do differently? How can you see a structure like this in the real world? Henry Doorly Zoo?
- Info Buckminseter Fuller: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckminster_Fuller
- Download a copy of this Lesson Plan: