Lesson Plan Title: Recycled Magazine Vessels
Materials: Paper Mache Paste (glue/water), magazines, clear scotch tape, glue stick
Vocabulary: balance, rhythm, unity, color, form
- Students learn how to create artwork from recycled materials (old to new) and understand the importance.
- Students create a three-dimensional vessel using magazines.
- Students discuss artwork/artist that uses recycled materials.
- How to and directions- http://www.brighthubeducation.com/elementary-school-activities/34384-recycled-magazine-bowl-art-project/
Reflection: What 3D form did you choose and why? What technique did you find that worked well while you were making this piece? What can you use this vessel for? If you were to make it again, what would you change?
- Images of bowls and vases- http://galatiak12art.blogspot.ca/2013/02/recycled-magazine-bowls.html?m=1
- Download this lesson plan: Recycled Magazine Vessels