Letter from the Director
Pack your suitcases…..and join WhyArts? as we take
a Journey this fall!….actually…lots of journeys.
“Journey” will be the theme for all of our workshops and residencies during the next 3 months and will include:
- theatre residencies with 9 middle and high school OPS special education classes
- workshops creating life stories with 8 senior organizations and residences within Immanuel Community Pathways
- visual arts pieces handmade by participants from Quality Living Inc, MOSAIC and VODEC.
- assortment of visual arts activities focusing on trips, quests, and adventures with our 7 middle schools through Collective for Youth
- and the preschoolers at Educare of Omaha and students at St. Augustine Mission School will journey with Carole Waterman during her residencies
The journeys will include theatre, music, movement, the visual arts…and also an addition of American Sign Language.
Bringing all of these journeys together will be a visual arts piece created by Jennifer Radil which will be on display at our celebration on at the Community Engagement Center at UNO in mid-November.